“…we need poets to change the world.” -Justin Trudeau, PM in a letter to Carolyn Marie Souaid following the Irving Layton Centenary reading, 2012 Irving Layton Centenary reading
Here’s a list of books to use when teaching CNF. It’s not exhaustive, but it’s a good start. This list originally grew out of a discussion by members of the Creative Nonfiction Collective (CNFC).
Thanks to Julija Šukys for this terrific list!
- Atkins, Douglas. Tracing the Essay
- Barrington, Judith. Writing the Memoir
- Birkerts, Sven. The Art of Time in Memoir: Then, Again
- Bradway, Becky and Hesse, Douglas, eds. Creating Nonfiction: A Guide and Anthology
- Castro, Joy. Family Trouble: Memoirists on the Hazards and Rewards of Revealing Family
- D’Agata, John, ed. Lost Origins of the Essay
- –, ed. The Next American Essay
- DeSalvo, Louise. The Art of Slow Writing
- –. Writing as a Way of Healing
- Fakundiny, Lydia, ed. Marcela Sulak and Jacqueline Kolosov. The Art of the Essay
- Forché, Carolyn and Gerard, Philip. Writing Creative Nonfiction: Instruction and Insights from Teachers of the Associated Writing Programs
- Gornick, Vivian. The Situation and…
View original post 286 more words